Eager for Glory
عبر:: Lindsay Powell , Graham Sumner
- “The first biography of an important personality from the beginnings of Rome’s empire” (Graham Sumner, coauthor of Arms and Armour of the Imperial Roman Soldier). Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus (Drusus the Elder) was the first conqueror of Germania (the Netherlands and Germany) and one of ancient Rome’s most beloved military heroes. Yet there has never been a full volume dedicated to his remarkable story, achievements, and legacy. Eager for Glory brings this heroic figure back to life for a modern audience. Drusus was a stepson of Augustus through his marriage to Livia. As a military commander he led daring campaigns by sea and land that pushed the northern frontiers of Rome’s empire to the Elbe River. He oversaw one of the largest developments of military infrastructure of the age. He married Marc Antony’s daughter, Antonia, and fathered Germanicus, Rome’s most popular general, and the future emperor Claudius. He was grandfather of Caligula. He died when he was only twenty-nine and was revered in death. Drawing on ancient texts, evidence from inscriptions and coins, the latest findings in archaeology, as well as astronomy and medical science, Lindsay Powell has produced a long overdue and definitive account of this great Roman.
- حقوق النشر:
- 2013 Lindsay Powell, Graham Sumner
- جودة الكتاب:
- رقم ISBN 13:
- Pen & Sword Books Limited
- تاريخ الجمع:
- Biographies and Memoirs, History, Nonfiction, BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Historical, HISTORY / Ancient / General, HISTORY / Modern / General
- قيود على استخدامها:
- This is a copyrighted book.