The Cambridge Companion to the Rolling Stones
عبر:: John Covach , Victor Coelho
- The Rolling Stones are one of the most influential, prolific, and enduring Rock and Roll bands in the history of music. This groundbreaking, specifically commissioned collection of essays provides the first dedicated academic overview of the music, career, influences, history, and cultural impact of the Rolling Stones. Shining a light on the many communities and sources of knowledge about the group, this Companion brings together essays by musicologists, ethnomusicologists, players, film scholars, and filmmakers into a single volume intended to stimulate fresh thinking about the group as they vault well over the mid-century of their career. Threaded throughout these essays are album- and song-oriented discussions of the landmark recordings of the group and their influence. Exploring new issues about sound, culture, media representation, the influence of world music, fan communities, group personnel, and the importance of their revival post-1989, this collection greatly expands our understanding of their music.
- حقوق النشر:
- 2019 Cambridge University Press
- جودة الكتاب:
- رقم ISBN 13:
- Cambridge University Press
- تاريخ الجمع:
- Music, Nonfiction, MUSIC / General
- قيود على استخدامها:
- This is a copyrighted book.