Make sure there are no partially bolded or italicized words. Every letter in a word should be either all bolded, all italicized, or all normal.
Example: “Bold” should be “Bold”
Sometimes the scanner can cause incorrect bolding and italics, such as if a book is pressed down too hard on the scanner.
- Incorrect: Today it was "sit" and "roll over," all day long.
- Correct: Today it was "sit" and "roll over," all day long.
General rules to follow:
- If you wouldn’t emphasize a word when speaking aloud, it probably should not be in bold or italics
- If bolding or italics appear partway through a sentence, it most likely should be removed
- Whole pages should almost never be entirely in bold or italics