Books can be downloaded in Microsoft Word and read with any compatible word processing software or reading tool. This is a common, easy-to-use format that allows members to customize the reading to meet their reading needs. Members can do the following with Word:
- See the text
- Customize the font size, colors, styles, and more
- Annotate the text
- Listen to the text and see it highlighted (using Immersive Reader function)
How to Access Books in Word
Here are the steps for accessing Bookshare books in Word:
- Log into your account
- Locate a book using the search box
- Select the title of the book
- Select “Word” from the download format drop down (combo) box, then press the download button
- If asked whether you would like to Open or Save the file, please choose Save, then select a location where you can easily find it.
- The file is zipped, so you may need to extract it, typically by double-clicking the file icon
Once the file has been extracted, you can open it with Microsoft Word or any compatible word processing software or reading tool.